NATIONWIDE® SMART CREDIT
We are pleased to share that we have recently added Nationwide Smart Credit℠ as an intelligent alternative to liquidating assets when you need cash.
Nationwide Smart Credit is a revolving line of credit secured by your non-retirement investment assets, letting you borrow against the value of your portfolio without disrupting the investment strategy you and your financial professional have so carefully developed.
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES
Current rates are based on the one-month London Interbank Offered Rate
The minimum line of credit is $25,000 and no minimum initial draw
Can be used for almost any liquidity need
Your portfolio remains intact and maintains its
A MORE INTELLIGENT WAY TO ACCESS CASH
Nationwide Smart Credit is a revolving line of credit secured by your non-retirement investment assets. With Nationwide Smart Credit, powered by Supernova Technology™, your assets continue to work for you. Your investment strategy stays intact and maintains its potential for growth.
- The line amount is a percentage of the value of the eligible securities in the investment account; however, 100% of the account must be pledged
- The minimum line of credit is $25,000
- There’s no minimum initial draw, and a low minimum of $1,000 for subsequent draws
- Funds are accessed via ACH to the linked bank account set up during application; wire transfers are available as an exception
- There’s no standard draw or repayment period
- Interest payments are due monthly based on the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) plus a margin
- Payments can be made via ACH, check or an advance on the line depending on funds availability
- No application fees
- No maintenance fees
- No prepayment fees
- No wire fees
- Common stocks/American depositary receipts (ADR) traded on the NASDAQ or NYSE
- Government/Municipal securities
- Corporate bonds
- Mutual funds
- Cash/Certificates of Deposit (must be FDIC-insured)
- Unit-traded funds
- Exchange-traded funds
- Nontraditional mutual funds
(these must be listed/traded on a domestic exchange)
Nationwide Smart Credit loans carry risks. If the value of the portfolio falls below a certain level, the client may be required to provide additional securities as collateral or cash to immediately pay down part of the loan. If that’s not possible, some investments may be liquidated, resulting in potential tax consequences.
Specifically, the risks include the fact that the lender may:
– Suspend and/or terminate your line of credit
– Declare all indebtedness immediately due and payable
– Sell any collateral in order to maintain the loan-to-value requirement
– Require additional collateral from you in order to meet the loan-to-value requirement
– Require you to pay down the principal in order to meet the loan-to-value requirement
Already a client?
Contact your financial professional to learn more about Smart Credit.
1. Please consult your tax advisor for any tax implications.
2. The speedy origination applies only if the custodian allows for e-signature on the control agreement and processes the agreement in a timely way. Maximum line of credit based on securities pledged.
Supernova Lending LLC is the lender for Nationwide Smart Credit lines of credit. Supernova Lending LLC is an independent lender not affiliated with Nationwide. Nationwide Smart CreditSM loans are made by Supernova Lending LLC Supernova. Lending LLC is a subsidiary of Supernova Companies LLC Nationwide SBL LLC
(NMLS): 1804109. Supernova Lending LLC (NMLS): 1543400. © 2020 Supernova Companies LLC. All rights reserved.
The Supernova Technology trademark is used under license from Supernova Lending LLC.
California: Loans are made or arranged pursuant to a California Lenders Law License.
Rhode Island: Rhode Island Licensed Lender.
Smart Credit is not available in Mississippi, Nevada and Vermont.
The purpose of a Nationwide Smart Credit line of credit must be for personal, family or household purposes and not for securities investments or to purchase or carry margin securities, which include (1) stocks that are registered on a national securities exchange, or any over-the-counter security designated for trading in the nation-al market system; (2) debt securities (bonds) that are convertible into margin stock; and (3) shares of most mutual funds.
Nationwide Smart Credit is offered by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, which is not affiliated with Wedbush Securities Inc. Wedbush Securities, member NFA/NYSE/FINRA/SIPC.
Nationwide, the Nationwide N and Eagle, Nationwide is on your side and Nationwide Smart Credit are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.